Compensation law

Compensation law is a highly specialised and regulated area of the law.  It is for this reason that if you have sustained a personal injury due to the negligence or actions of another, it is important that you secure a specialist personal injury or compensation lawyer. Your compensation lawyer will need to have a sound understanding and experience in working with Comcare Australia

Wikipedia describes Comcare as:

Comcare is a statutory authority of the Australian Federal Government established under the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988[2] (SRC Act) and covered by the Commonwealth Authorities and Companies Act 1997[3] (CAC Act). Comcare administers the Commonwealth’s workers’ compensation scheme under the SRC[2] Act; and the Work Health and Safety Act 2011[4] (OHS Act).

The department is headquartered in Canberra, and has offices in MelbourneSydney,BrisbaneAdelaidePerth and Newcastle.


Your interests will be better served by having a compensation law specialist who is respected by Comcare and able to effectively collaborate with key stakeholders to secure the best possible outcome for your personal injury or compensation claim.

Our compensation lawyers are well established in the major cities of Australia and have solid working relationships with Comcare representatives.

If you have sustained an injury and are wanting to seek remedy under compensation law, it is important that you collect and organise all relevant paperwork to support your compensation law claim.  Medical expenses, doctors visits, even a personal diary documenting your physical and psychological state can assist your lawyer in building your case and securing your legal rights and remedy.

Your compensation lawyer will explain to you which legislation your claim is governed by.  Personal injury claims based on accidents at work will come under different legislation to injuries incurred in other environments. If you do not understand the difference between victims compensation, personal injury compensation, accident compensation or a comcare claim, your lawyer will ensure that this is explained to you in easy to understand language.

If English is not your first language, please make sure that you make this clear to your compensation lawyer so that they can assess whether or not a translator will be required to ensure good communication throughout the legal process.